Thursday, July 21, 2011

High Heels: A love hate situation

I always wonder...do we dress up to impress our friends, strangers that are walking or driving around us...men or just to feel good about ourselves?
I have to confess that I have a pretty twisted mind, I overanalyse everything. I always have to find an explanation and reason for everything. I can´t help thinking if I should have studied psychology rather than fashion. But then I realize that fashion and psychology are strongly related...right?
Anyway, going back to what I was saying...WHY DO WE WEAR HIGH HEELS? (I´m a shoes lover myself and guilty of not being able to go out without high heels on...) Ok, they are very cute, they do make our legs look so much better...But, they HURT, the chances of tripping are much higher (Oh, come on, I´m pretty sure everyone has tripped at least once in front of a group of people sitting outside of a bar, or as soon as you caught your crush´s eye...), and...they make walking on stone pavement impossible...oh, and did I mention they make your feet HURT?!
Here I am, about to go out and I´m trying to decide whether I should wear flats or high heels...(I´ll probably end up wearing these super cute 30 inch sandals and complain about my decision for the rest of the night).
I love being a girl..but does it have to be that painful?
-CF-

No comments:

Post a Comment