Sunday, May 13, 2012

I'm too lost in you...Christian


On Friday 11th of May, I submerged myself into the Design Museum near Tower Bridge in London to see the Christian Louboutin exhibition.
As I walked up the stairs of the Design Museum, I embarked in a circus of shoes, which welcomed me with an entrance with flashing lights which made me feel as if I was entering a cabaret.

El viernes 11 de Mayo, me sumergí en el Design Museum cerca del Tower Bridge en Londres para ver la exhibición de Christian Louboutin.
Subiendo las escaleras del museo, me embarqué en un circo de zapatos, que me dio la bienvenida con una entrada con luces haciendome sentir que estaba entrando en un cabaret.



Making my way through the corridors, a hint of sexy music running through my ears seduced me in, removing me from the noise of the big city and taking me into a whole different world.
The dim lighting hiding the black walls and the soft velvet red curtains created a mysterious atmosphere and the exhibition’s theme definitely portrayed the sensual essence of Louboutin’s shoes.
From Rolls Royce sky-high shoes to Guiness shoes (black shoes with Guiness cans heels) and artisanal shoes such as the Amelissa Maroc, Louboutin’s earliest designs I noticed how his life and surroundings highly influenced him to create these master pieces. 
As I walked into a little capsule which looked like the Eden Gardens, I found myself looking at some of his most recent and classic designs. This led people into a room displaying incredible glossy shoes on a big and round version of a piano. The mirrors around it lets me see the reflection of my astonished face, and I suddenly get a feeling of insecurity…I can’t help but feeling common and plain standing next to those pieces of art.

Caminando por los pasillos, empecé a escuchar una melodia sensual senduciendome a entrar, que me hizo olvidar de los ruidos de la gran ciudad y me hizo sentir que estaba entrando a un mundo completamente distinto.
Las tenues luces, las paredes negras y las suaves cortinas de terciopelo creaban un atmosfera misteriosa y la tematica de la exhibición definitivamente retrataron la escencia sensual de los zapatos Louboutin.
Desde altos zapatos Rolls Royce a zapatos Guiness y tacos artesanales como los Amelissa Maroc, los diseños mas antiguos del diseñador me hicieron dar cuenta de cuanta influencia saca de su vida cotidiana y las cosas a su alrededor.
Caminando hacia una pequeña cápsula que se parecía a los Jardines del Eden, me encontre mirando algunos de sus diseños  mas clásicos y recientes. Esto llevaba a la gente a un cuarto que mostraba increíbles zapatos en un gran piano circular. Los espejos al rededor de este dejaron que vea el reflejo de mi cara sorprendida, y de repente me sentí insegura...no pude evitar sentirme común parada al lado de esas obras de arte.

I walked from a room that briefly tells the designer’s biography to a mini cinema showing (the cringiest film ever) Loubi’s Angels and then discover a room that looks like the designer’s archives-a representation of his atelier. Filled with drawings and objects he has brought back from his travels. In the corner, two trapeze bars could be seen hanging from the high sealing, where Loubi practices when he has time. 

I left the atelier behind, to get lost in the shadows and obscurity of the fetish room, which is probably one of the things that amazed me the most at the exhibition. It displays shoes with metal spikes and heels so high that the shoe was elevated to a 180 degree angle (completely vertical). This room shows twisted but provocative shoes which have been “made for sex”. The atmosphere of it matches the dark décor of the photographs showing a couple of pale cabaret dancers moving effortlessly in the glooms.  
The exhibition is designed so you can walk out of the darkness into an amazingly decorated burlesque full of shoes made with fishnet, spikes, leather, animal skins and lace.

Caminé a través de un cuarto que contenía una breve biografía del diseñador y por un pequeño cine en el que mostraban una película llamada Los Angeles de Loubi, para luego encontrarme en el atelier del diseñador. Lleno de dibujos y objetos que trajo de sus viajes por el mundo. En la esquina, vi dos trapecios colgando del alto techo, en el que Loubi practica cuando tiene tiempo.
Dejé atrás el atelier para perderme en las sombras y la oscuridad del cuarto fetiche, que probablemente es una de las cosas que mas me sorprendieron en la exhibición. Muestra zapatos con clavos de hierro y tacos tan altos que hacían que los zapatos esten completamente verticales. Este cuarto muestra zapatos raros pero provocativos que están hechos "para tener sexo". La atmósfera muestra un parecido con la decoración obscura de las fotografías en las paredes que muestran un par de bailarinas de Cabaret bailando sin esforzarse en las sombras. 
La exhibición está diseñada para que puedas salir de la oscuridad a un burlesque decorado espectacularmente, lleno de zapatos hechos con red, clavos, cuero, piel de animales y encaje.


 I found myself in a state of hallucination and blindness caused by the extravagant and spectacular shoes designed by the French designer.
I literally wanted to take all of them home. Luckily that didn’t fit me; otherwise I would have done it.

Me di cuenta que estaba alucinando y enseguecida por la extravagancia de los zapatos hechos por el diseñador francés.
Quería llevarme todos los zapatos a casa. Por suerte no me entraban, si no lo hubiese hecho.




My favourite part was the exquisite finale: the holographic performance featuring Dita Von Teese at the centre of the exhibition. It really made people experience the greatness of a luxurious French Cabaret. I couldn’t help but fall in love with the performance and the colossal hologram of a blindingly gorgeous Loubi shoe in the middle of the stage. As soon as they show was over, I looked around and realized that there was a massive croud behind me and I was right in the first row. 

Mi parte preferida fue el exquisito final: el holograma de Dita Von Teese en el medio del salón, que hizo que la gente se sienta parte de un lujoso Cabaret francés. No pude evitar enamorarme con el acto y el holograma enorme de un zapato brillante de Loubi en el medio del escenario. En cuanto el show terminó, miré a mi al rededor y me di cuenta que había un montón de gente atrás mio y yo estaba en primera fila. 


 I thought I liked Christian Louboutin before Friday, but now I know…this is true love.

Pensé que me gustaba Christian Louboutin antes del viernes, pero ahora se...que es amor verdadero.




 C

1 comment:

  1. Que experiencia increible!!! Que manera excelente de expresar lo que el disenador quizo mostrar!!
    I think he is a real genius!

    ReplyDelete