Tuesday, January 15, 2013

London at Night

I spent a couple of days in London walking around in the extreme cold conditions that hit the UK this weekend. I managed to visit about seven exhibitions in three museums in a couple of days. My initial plan was to take street style photos, because I haven't done that in a while, and I love it. However, people weren't exactly looking very stylish. A recurrent trend I could observe was that (almost) everyone was wrapped up with scarves, hats and massive coats and wearing as many layers as they could (specially on today that snowed pretty much all day).
Even though architecture and landscape photography is not one of my strengths, specially not at night (and without a tripod), I couldn't waste the opportunity of taking a few photos of London at night, which is one of my favourite things. I'm not lying when I say that I get excited like a little child going into a toy shop, every time I see the London buildings lit up at night. I just die of excitement every time. Sounds ridiculous, but it's true. So, here are some of the shots I took. That's it for today. I'm literally drained. 

Pasé un par de días en Londres recorriendo la ciudad con un frío terrible que atacó al Reino Unido este fin de semana. Pude visitar al rededor de siete exhibiciones en tres museos, en dos dias. Mi idea inicial era sacar fotos de la moda de la calle, porque hace mucho que no lo hago y es algo que me encanta. Pero la gente no se notaba muy bien vestida. También, con el frío que hacia, la gente se emponcho con gorros, bufandas y camperas (especialmente hoy que nevó casi todo el día).
Si bien sacar fotos de edificios y paisajes no es mi fuerte, especialmente a la noche (y sin trípode) no podía desperdiciar la oportunidad de sacarle fotos a Londres por la noche, que es una de mis cosas preferidas. No les miento cuando les digo que me emociono como un nene chiquito en una juguetería cada vez que veo los edificios de Londres iluminados. Acá están algunas de las fotos que saque. Chau, ya no puedo escribir mas, estoy muerta. 







CF

No comments:

Post a Comment